Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Stewart leaving JGR?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Stewart leaving JGR?

    Both ESPN and SI are reporting that Tony Stewart has asked to be released from his Joe Gibbs Racing contract that runs through the 2009 season.

    SI is also reporting that Stewart is negotiating with Haas Racing.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stewart leaving JGR?

    Tony is his own person and doesn't strike me as a "yes man" driver. He is going to do what he wants to do. I don't care if he drives a Pinto with three wheels, I'm still pulling for him and he would finish ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya, LOL.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stewart leaving JGR?

    It would be an extremely stupid move for Tony to leave JGR who has some of the best equipment and a lot of money from Toyota to go drive for a middle of the pack team in Haas-cnc. Please stay at JGR, for Nascars sake.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Stewart leaving JGR?

    He'll be offered 50% ownership of that team, and will get to drive Chevy's again, which is what he wants. And it doesn't hurt that those Chevy's are Hendrick Chevy's.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stewart leaving JGR?

    Their Hendrick equipment, but thats not the same as Hendrick Chevy's. They don't get that same TLC (tender loving cheating) after they enter the HAAS shops that they do if they stay in HoMoS.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stewart leaving JGR?

    I swear, if I had a damn dollar for everytime that someone bitched about Hendrick's teams, I'd be a rich man. If anyone has a winning team, they're always cheaters.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •